My Activities and the Beauty of Planners

October 6th, 2013 embrea17

Hello Friends!

It’s the first week of October and at last, I have firmed up my co-curricular activities for the year:

1. Blogging: I get to represent Holy Cross online just by creating entries about my life here! Pretty wicked, right?

2. SPUD Volunteering: Student Programming for Urban Development hooked me up with a great site, St. Agnes Day Care, where I get to spend time with kindergarten to first grade aged children playing and talking. I’ll be doing this every Thursday for one hour.

3. Off the Record: I’m now officially a part of one of HC’s two female acapella groups! We sing a variety of music and have a generally awesome time doing it.

4. SGA Internship: I am interning for Annie Wynters, student director of community relations. We will be working on facilitating the relationship between off-campus and on-campus students as well as between the Holy Cross and Worcester community.

5. House Council: A couple of weeks ago I was voted Treasurer/Secretary of Mulledy House Council (equate House Council to dorm government). I’m really enjoying the process of planning our first event which will be a Pumpkin Fest of sorts!

6. Kimball Work-Study: Work Study in Kimball has a bad rap around campus, but honestly if you can get past the grossness of dirty dishes, you meet some pretty great people and enjoy a nice break from studying while earning an income. Check out today’s menu here!

photoThat’s all folks! Thank goodness for planners. Take a look at the last week in my planner, and you’ll get a feel for why I never leave without it. Pretty much every Holy Cross student I’ve met has one, and although you’ll find them in all shapes, sizes, and colors, they are all chock full of different meetings and speakers and trips and exams and life. I’m doing six activities and that doesn’t even scratch the surface of opportunities at Holy Cross. But whether or not you’re here on the hill, I hope that you’re finding something cool/meaningful/interesting to fill your planner with!

DFTBA

Emily Breakell '17