Top Four Reasons Snow Is Not Ruining My Life

February 21st, 2015 embrea17

Hey Friends!

You’ve probably heard about Worcester getting a LOT of snow this winter.  I won’t be shy about it…not everyone on campus is thrilled that Mount Saint James resembles Elsa’s kingdom in Frozen, but, here are my top four reasons for asserting that snow isn’t ruining my life.

1. WE HAVE AN AMAZING GROUNDS CREW. I’m endlessly impressed by how wonderful the grounds crew is at keeping the campus safe and navigable despite the outrageous amounts of snow that mother nature has thrust upon the Woo. If you’ve been on campus, you know that stairs are our best friend, and I can honestly say that I feel completely safe walking throughout campus, which to me, seems like nothing less than a miracle. YOU ROCK GROUNDS CREW!

2. I am outside minimally. No joke, although I love the outdoors, in balmy -2 degree temperatures, it is really manageable to stay inside for the majority of the day! Whether that means cozying up in Dinand, brewing some tea in Kimball, or hunkering down in Hogan, our little campus makes it practical to minimize time spent in the “tundra.”

3. Communal Living. On the days where we were not allowed to go outside because of extreme wether conditions, I really loved having so many awesome friends around me. My residents and I had a cookie decorating event, I got to catch up on work, and enjoy a movie with my roommate. What more could a girl ask for in a snow day?

4. Fun Snow Things! HC students have taken advantage of the snowy conditions in some of the most creative ways I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen students sledding on everything from legitimate toboggans, to cardboard, to trays, endless snowy candids on facebook, and a number of snow sculptures.

So friends, cozy up for a little longer, and soon enough, we’ll be talking about Spring Weekend!

DFTBA

Frozen-Olaf-warm-hugs

Emily Breakell '17