When September Ends…

September 30th, 2014 embrea17

Hi Friends!

As September draws to a close, I am happy to be settling into a more normalized schedule. Of course, college has its curveballs, but I really do love this point in the year where it seems that we can move on from the introductory work of classes and activities and get to actually doing awesome things instead of just conceptualizing them.

Of course, this can also be overwhelming. Writing the first essays, taking the first exams, planning the first programs…it’s a lot. Tonight, I’ll be going to Boston College to see their first Agape Latte event of the semester. Agape Latte is a highly popular faith-based lecture series that started at BC. Through SGA, I have an opportunity to bring this event to campus this year with other interested students. Of course, I am nervous about making this event as great as it can possibly be. However, the fact that I can start something here through the support of a few campus organizations and offices is truly remarkable. The one-on-one interaction I can have with faculty and staff has been crucial to me establishing a foundation for Agape Latte at Holy Cross.

So, I’m off to BC! Hopefully I’ll learn some good stuff to bring back to the hill.

DFTBA

Emily

Emily Breakell '17